Tuesday, January 26, 2016

9 decor items to replace before you turn 30

Well, I'm three years, almost 4 over 30 but I found this article and thought it would be fun to see how well I did. It lists the 9 decor items to replace before you turn 30 which you should have read before you turn 30 but you didn't so you're giving yourself 'til the end of the year to fix it.

1) Mass Produced Art
2) Plastic Dining Chairs
3) The Classic Bedspring and Metal Frame
4) A Basic Mattress
5) A Builder-Grade Flush Mount
6) Mismatched Bedside Tables
7) The Futon
8) Stacking Plastic Drawers
9) A Makeshift Desk Chair

Overall, I was good on 8 out of 9 and this really made me want to get on #5, the lighting situation. While there's a lot of things we'd reconfigure when we eventually do some serious gut jobs to the kitchen and living area, some good lights would be an excellent addition to the house. We've added ceiling fans to the living room, master, and Alice's room but to be replaced would be: the laundry room, master closet, master bathroom, guest bath, and my office. I'm still not sure if I'd want a pretty light or a ceiling fan for comfort. Decisions decisions.

No comments: