Monday, November 24, 2014

a special photo

We took family photos over the weekend and we got a few winners. As you know, I'm not into the whole family photo posing situation but I really wanted to get some of the three of us now that we have a way more interesting member of our family. To up the ante on emotion, we took the photos of us at the park where we got married. I cried. Just a little bit.
This has been a great but a financially draining year since I was home with Alice for four months and wasn't earning any money. We're using the photos as presents for some of the family (popsicle stick ornaments galore!) and we're bowing out of any gift exchanges and only getting presents for the kids. I don't feel bad about our financial situation; it was worth it making sacrifices to be home for so long with my nougat.

Every year around this time I have a mental list of things I'd like but this year I can truly say I don't want or need anything, I just want Alice to get things. This is that feeling known as LOVE right? Gross.

No comments: